My day or work lipstick for this month is Maybelline’s Color Sensational Creamy Matte in Touch of Spice. It is a matte deep brown-y pink shade, though looks mauve pink in the tube, that was highly coveted when it was first released here. I didn’t even get to see many of the Color Sensational Creamy Mattes range. Maybe Maybelline had too few stocks per store, people hoarded, or I was just too late to the party. LOL!
For a change, I’ll start with the cons.
- It feels thick and slightly tacky and accentuates lines when I build up color. (I just like to build up lipstick for a more even look and intense color even though this is already very opaque.)
- Gets crumbly around the edges of my lips even with a thin layer of lipstick. I once tried putting a balm under and the crumbling got worse.
- Not a fan of the scent even though it is subtle and quickly fades right after application.
- Not transfer-proof most likely because of the creamy formula. One time, it was really windy, and a strand of hair got on my lips whilst I had this on. It stuck on my lips like what happens with having lip gloss on. I got a streak on my cheek. D:
- The price tag of PhP299. You get 4.2g or 0.15oz of product for that price.
- Easier to put on that liquid matte lipsticks.
- Very opaque
- Truly creamy matte that does not tug my lips.
- Not drying. For a matte, my lips doesn’t feel like the moisture was being sucked out and they’re about to shrink or look like a raisin or prune.
- Longevity is around 8 hours. It stays on even after a meal.
There are more pros, but I still can’t say that I like the lipstick because of the first two mentioned cons. The crumbling is very annoying. I don’t have all the time to clean my lipstick. I wonder if it’s just the tube I got or this particular shade. To be honest, I have been keeping away from Maybelline lipsticks because I already have a lot from the brand. But this shade was irresistible. Now that I have it and it is _okay_. The only other reason I would get another Maybelline lipstick any time soon would be if I find Clay Crush.
My review might sound negative, yet I still would recommend the Color Sensational Creamy Mattes especially for those getting into matte lipsticks. 🙂 It’s fuss free compared to most mattes especially the liquid type.Other stuff you might also like: