Do you remember this post? Among the three, I’ll be reviewing first the NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Carthage. (If I review in order of my purchase, it should be the MAC first, then Laura Mercier, and NARS would be the last.)
The NARS Pure Matte Lipstick was supposed to still be in my wishlist. I just couldn’t keep myself from buying it right away after when I saw this picture of Emma Stone rockin’ the lipstick:
This is my go-to lipstick this season. The first time I had this on was when I tried it from the NARS store. I had it reckoned by the usual suspects — Joiz and Kat — if I don’t look horrifying with it. LOL I got the thumbs up from them.
I love this lipstick because of the following:
- Very pigmented! A couple of swipes is already more than enough.
- It lasts six hours on me even with much talking (LOL!), but moderate drinking; hardly leaves a stain on cup/mug/glass.
- When I eat, there’s still enough color left on my lips that most of the time I don’t retouch.
- Surprisingly not drying. You don’t feel like your lips are _burning_ or moisture is being sucked out of it.
- Thin tube makes it easy to bring even if I only have my long wallet.
Here’s my lip swatch:
Picture taken after three hours since application
So far, I haven’t heard of this matte lipstick’s formula to be drying. The only downsides I can think of with this lipstick is, aside from the price of about PhP1450 a pop, the rubber case that sometimes peels off or gets sticky. That’s based from what I read since it hasn’t happened with mine (I hope not!). Anyway, with the price, I think this is worth every cent for the pigmentation and longevity. There are several colors to choose from including some naturals, so I would really recommend getting a tube or two of this.
NARS is available locally in Rustan’s. They have a standalone store in Glorietta 4 near Rustan’s.
Do you have a Pure Matte Lipstick from NARS? Please do share what shade you have and your thoughts on it.