I don’t normally use mineral makeup. I’ve tried Bare Escentuals after buying their starter kit and the mineral made my face feel leathery and dry. I’m not sure if it was an allergic reaction or the kabuki brush that comes with the kit is just too tough on my skin but I continued using the set for months until I found a better replacement.
I was recently given Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Mineral Loose Powder for review. Physicians Formula is known for affordable makeup which performs pretty well considering the price bracket. I bought some Physicians Formula makeup from groceries and drug stores when I lived in the US and I liked whatever I bought. I studied the Mineral Wear given to me. The package says Mineral Wear is made for extra sensitive or breakout-prone skin. It’s talc-free and helps reduce irritation and breakouts. It has SPF 16 and even recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV sunscreen.
Benefits as written on the packaging:
- Gentle, talc-free, minimalist formula allows the skin to breathe
- Can help minimize the risk of irritation and breakout
- Eliminates the look of a chalky, dry finish
- Minerals such as Mica provides a smooth “second skin” feel and finish
- Performance & coverage of a foundation
- Blendability and natural finish of a loose powder
- Derivatives of Vitamins A & E, natural anti-oxidants, help to protect and condition the skin.
- Dermatologist approved
The product may be worn alone or over makeup so I decided to try it both ways.
Read the rest of my review at Lovely MorticiaOther stuff you might also like: